Re: ITP: Galeon -- Mozilla-based web browser with GNOME look and feel

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 03:36:03PM -0800, Bradley Bell wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 10:59:32PM +0000, Frank Copeland wrote:

> > >The download page on galeon.sourceforge.net works for me.
> > >
> > >It is built against kitame's debs, which he recently posted the URL for:
> >
> > Ummm, no its not. The galeon .deb linked from there is an alien'd .rpm
> > (aka 'an admission of defeat'). It doesn't even have a dependancy on
> > mozilla.
> >
> > Trying to keep up with galeon on a Debian system is an exercise in
> > frustration these days. Having to build your own mozilla (until the
> > last couple of days) is just the start. Does it really *have* to be
> > this hard?
> >
> > Frank
>
> I had no problem making my own debs.  what part are you having trouble with?

Not to jump in, but building Mozilla takes an unbelievably long time,
if it doesn't fail half way through... I would rather alien an .rpm
than build mozilla again ;)

aubin

--
"In such an ugly time the real protest is beauty." - Refused