Re: unofficial mozilla 0.8 deb

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 06:56:55AM -0500, Daniel Burrows wrote:
> > Netscape is in main.  Netscape contains 128 bit SSL.  Just upload the
>
>   I thought it was only 48-bit.. (no, I don't know for sure)

nope its 128bit,  go use the SSL test on fortify.net.  it clearly
shows its 128bit, previous netscape packages were indeed 40bit.  but
not the current ones.

>   Hm..I tried 0.8, and found it to be actually less useful than M18;
> among other things, it has a tendency to get "stuck" after a few minutes
> and stop responding to commands to go to another page..

mozilla is a YMMV program.  for me M18 had a tendency to segfault
every few minutes.  (0.8 so long as you don't edit bookmarks or use
the preferences panel seems pretty stable)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/