Re: "Configuring PACKAGE" messages without a version number

On Sun 04 Mar 2001, Richard Kettlewell wrote:

> I get lots of messages like this during upgrades:
>
>   Configuring Dump
>   ----------------
>
>   /etc/fstab contains zeroes in the dump frequencies fields
>   Your /etc/fstab file contains zeroes in the dump frequencies fields for all
>   your filesystems.  This tells dump that you never intend to backup your drives.
>    In particular, this will keep the -w and -W options to dump from working.
>
>   Edit the /etc/fstab file to implement your local backup policy.
>
> However, they don't include a version number, which is a nuisance if
> submitting bug reports.

Why would you want to submit a bug report about this? It's a legitimate
message. If you want to file a bug on dump, use 'reportbug'.

> Am I right in assuming these messages are generated by debconf?  If
> not, what does produce them?

It _is_ generated by debconf, on behalf of (apparently) dump.

Paul Slootman
--
home:       paul@wurtel.net      http://www.wurtel.demon.nl/
work:       paul@murphy.nl       http://www.murphy.nl/