Re: How to make Packages file 50% smaller

    Jason> An interesting observation would be that it is possible to
    Jason> associate descriptions and versions via a hash - the
    Jason> observation being that the description is largely
    Jason> invarient.

This sounds like a good idea to me. (although I am not sure of the
exact details you have in mind).

Also, separating the description might make it easier for languages
other then English.

ie. you download the description file for your favourite language, and
all tools will automatically use it. In this case, the description
file should contain both the short description and the long
description.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>