Re: Perl essential ?

Previously Ilya Martynov wrote:
> But some languages allows to write secure code more easily that others
> (read it as 'not very experienced programmers have less opportunity to
> make errors').

Mostly that is a false sense of security. Even perl taint mode gives you
a false sense of security, I've seen scripts that are insecure but use
little workaround to prent tainting errors.

> P.S. Taint mode. Again - why Perl scripts in debian don't use it?

It doesn't make your code more secure. It's useful as a debuging tool
though.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |