Re: Build-Depends

Previously Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Be warned, though: my experience of strace is that it doesn't always
> succeed, possibly because of vforks.

Timing differences, some signal weirdness, doesn't work with multithreading
at the moment. It definitely affects the running process to some degree.

>  I think the idea was to have a
> variant of fakeroot to trace open's and exec's instead of the other
> things it traces; there were all sorts of conflicts when fakeroot used
> to try to do everything.

That was libtricks, which was never stable enough and removed again
at some point..

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |