Re: Need advice regarding libc6, libdb2, exim, potato und sid

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Marc Haber wrote:

> When I build with libc6[-dev]-2.1.3-15 present, the log message
> "failed to open DB file /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp: Invalid
> argument" is written to the exim mainlog on every delivery. Deleting
> all the files from /var/spool/exim/db/ will cause them to be recreated
> with size 0 on the next delivery, but the error message still happens.

I missed the earlier part of this thread, but it sounds alot like the
problems I had with sendmail, especially right before th potato release.

I'd try this:
 *) Check all dependancies for exim, and make sure they're using the
    db2 libraries supplied with libc6-dev-2.2.13 - especially if exim
    builds with sasl or ldap...  But note that even nscd can screw you
    over.
 *) Build without libc6-dev-2.2.13 using simply /usr/include/{ndbm,db}.h
 *) strace the resultant binary if it still fails

I'm assuming we're going to see the same type of mess as db3 starts
being used...   I wonder if we're going to see versioned libraries
this time

--
Rick Nelson