Need advice regarding libc6, libdb2, exim, potato und sid

Hi,

I need advice (or pointer to relevant documentation) about db2, how
its interaction with libc6 is and what changed from potato and sit
regarding these packages.

Rationale: I am currently trying to backport exim-3.22 from sid to
potato. I have some exprience with backports, but the exim backport
does definetely seem non-trivial. First, I try to satisfy
Build-Depends:. There, I see libdb2-dev (>= 2.7.7-2.1) which caused me
to backport libdb2 2.7.7-2.2 to potato. But there seems to be a
problem, since installling "my" libdb2-dev gives a lot of error
messages like:

warning: trying to overwrite /usr/lib/libdb.a, which is also in
package libc6-dev

I now suspect, that libdb2 has been part of libc6 package before which
was split for sid? Right?

Anyway, my exim doesn't deliver any e-mail but segfaults until I
replace "services: db files" with "servies: files" in
/etc/nsswitch.conf. After this change, my exim runs fine. This seems
to be related to bug #7489 which has been reported on ppc and m68k,
but my architecture is i386.

When I build a second exim after reinstalling potato's libc6-dev
(probably restoring db2-headers from the library that is included with
potato-libc6), this exim works even with unchanged /etc/nsswitch.conf,
but for each mail a log message "failed to open DB file
/var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp: Invalid argument" is generated.
That file exists, but is zero bytes long and is recreated with zero
bytes length after deleting it.

Can anybody tell me what is going on here and enlighten me how to get
out of this mess?

Thanks for any comments.

Greetings
Marc