Re: sipp: Can this package be removed?

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 10:44:56AM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > Question: Did anybody use this package at all? Seems like it exists in
> > Debian since 1998 but there was only a single bugreport in that time
> > (in case the archive lasts long enough). Can we agree that this package
> > can be removed?
>
> I'm currently adopting this package because I can't see a good reaso in
> favor of a removal (the RC bug was easy to fix).

Are you using it on a regular basis? Is anybody using it? Will anybody
notice if it breaks?

There is one thing that is more annoying of an application than not
having it in Debian - having a non working package in Debian. As we don't
have a formal testing procedure (testing scripts etc.), we rely on
bug reports by somebody actually using a package to notice problems.

So if nobody is using foo, remove foo. That's my opinion.

cu

	Torsten