Re: debfoster, deborphan share a keep file

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 02-Feb-2001 Peter Palfrader wrote:
> > debfoster creates /etc/apt/keepers for a list of packages to not
> > be removed by debfoster. It does not remove it on --purge. So I
> > wonder wheter deborphan (which in it's new version has such a
> > feature too) might be able to use it too.
>
> debfoster should remove any of its pieces on --purge.  Otherwise a system
> slowly gains cruft.

Indeed, and that's a bug.

Peter, I know the authors of both programs well.  They (debfoster and
deborphan) are trying to do two different things.  If you want
deborphan to be able to use the file, that's ok, as long as you build
in a check whether it exists...  I'm preparing another version of
debfoster now, which will ask to remove the file upon removal.

	Ivo

--
Pooky, you sure know how to spoil a good bad mood!
	-- Garfield