Re: Logging on to debian machines

    Marco> Broken DNS reverse mapping?
    >>  Why do we have the machines configured to care about this?

    Hamish> Because it's good practice?

Yes, you are right.  It's good practice to have machines that use
Berkeley rhosts verify DNS in both directions.  It's good practice to log both DNS and IPs.

However, DNS does not provide you any security.  Security comes for
the most part from cryptography, and once you have cryptographically
strong security, being paranoid about DNS is only inconvenient.