Re: RFC: Central version control for Debian

Previously Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> etc., etc.  The biggest barrier to making this work seems to be deciding who
> should be able to commit changes where.

A big barrier for me would be money: using CVS properly means commiting
fixes regularly instead of doing large commits with lots of unrelated
changes. Every time I have to commit something I have to dial in, and
every time I dial in I have to pay a setup fee for the connection and
for every second I use it. In other words: this will make things a lot
more expensive for me, and everybody else who doesn't have to luck to
live in one of the few parts of the world where you have flat fee
connections.

Wichert.

 /       Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool     \
| wichert@cistron.nl                  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |