Re: Problems with using debconf in init script...

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 03:40:40PM -0800, Philippe Troin wrote:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
> > Why only writing?  Consider the case where the system running the
> > configure script has a non-modified config file (causing the
> > question to be skipped), but the remote system does not.
>
> Then we're screwed. Well, I can recheck in the postinst...
>
> Do you have a solution ?

No, I don't.  I don't think that the config script was expected to do these
kinds of things.  Questions can be asked or skipped based on the answers to
other questions, but doing so based on other attributes of the system
(filesystem objects, running processes, whatever) seems a little shaky.

--
 - mdz