Re: Daemontools

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 04:47:49PM -0800, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 06:41:10PM -0600, Nathan E Norman wrote:
> >
> > DAEMON=daemon           # real name here, eh
> > DESC=some description
> >
> > case "$1" in
> >   start)
> >         echo -n "Starting $DESC: "
> >         svc -u /etc/service/$DAEMON
> >         if [ -d /etc/service/$DAEMON/log ]; then
> >                 svc -u /etc/service/$DAEMON/log
>
> this fails to set the pipe between run and log/run properly.
> this is one of the things that svscan guarantees. (provided that the
> $DAEMON directory is sticky, of course)

Uh, doesn't the script work _as long as_ the directory is sticky?

My qmail start/stop script has this stuff in it and I copied it from
Adam's Qmail-Setup-HOWTO page :)  It may very well be that I fubared
it, but I hadn't noticed a problem yet ...

OT: anyone have a reference for reading the logs of djbdns?

Micromuse Inc.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.