Re: FHS compliance and UNIX sockets

    Michael> Given that, the appropriate course of action is to drag
    Michael> our feet and wait for the FHS revision that fixes that.

Agree. My feeling is the more weight should be applied to this section of the
standard:

"This directory contains system information data describing the system
since it was booted. "

Then this:

"Note: programs that run as non-root users may be unable to create
files under /var/run and therefore need a subdirectory owned by the
appropriate user."

So, I think it should only be for "system information" which means
programs like X (which might break existing statically linked
programs), but not programs like ssh-agent.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>