Re: New-maintainer - STOP THAT SHIT

On 20010115T225112+0100, Stefan Nobis wrote:
> If the DAM is not legalized in a democratic way then this has nothing to do
> with democratic.

There are independent decision-makers in every democracy.  And the
Constitution does give the developers by way of general resolution power
to override any decision made by a delegate, including a DAM, which is
more power over independent decision-makers than most democracies give.

I hope that the NM procedure makes sure every new developer knows the
basic ideas of the Constitution.

> If all debian developers think that this lac of democratic is OK, then it's
> fine. Else you have to rethink about this position.

The current Constitution was accepted in a general vote according to
its own provisions.

                     Keep the Deja Archive Alive!
        http://www2.PetitionOnline.com/dejanews/petition.html