debian conference vs linuxtag

I was just trying to put together my vocation plans for the new years, and I
braced myself to have to take two weeks - one for linuxtag (5.7-8.7) and one
for the debian conference (4.7-9.7) - when I noticed that they were colliding
full with full force.

This is allmost tragic, since the linuxtag has become an event of high esteem,
quality and visibility throughout the world. And last year there was a big
debian booth with 20+ developers there.

Could you try to coordinate that better next year? This kind of competition is
nothing the free software world really needs.

Now that the events are an 'either - or' decision, I wonder how developers are
going to distribute themsefes? I would be interested in YOUR ^plans.