Re: Need server

On Fri, Jan 05, 2001 at 01:02:25PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > That's everyone's hoping :) It was down for a few days in the last month,
> > even. :(
>
> Didn't know that. There hasn't been any discussion I've seen. So I wasn't
> sure whether it was a local problem. Anyway, is sourceforge not well
> enough connected to run ftp.debian.org?

Actually, I was referring to saens.debian.org, a machine that was serving as
ftp.d.o, but it seems it's down right now (still!), and our admins changed
the DNS to point ftp.d.o at Sourceforge's mirror site. :(

IIRC Sourceforge has been having some internal problems recently. Everybody
seems to be using their services, and that seems to be causing lots of
pressure on the infrastructure...