Re: ITP: Rhythm Composer TK-707 (And suggestions for sound in debian)

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 04:34:25PM +0100, Enrique Robledo Arnuncio wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 10:04:55AM -0200, Eduardo Marcel Macan wrote:
> Well, it was me, and I did package it, but I sent an ITP-delay message
> some time ago, when a developer from the WxWindows team asked me not
> to put into debian the the 1.68E version of the library, which is the
> one jazz++ needs.
>
> I spent some days trying to port jazz++ to the newest versions of the
> WxWindows library, but I found it to be a really big task.

Under the circumstances, I suggest uploading jazz++ statically linked
against the version of wxWindows that it needs.  This is a policy
violation, but an excusable and temporary one until either 1) Jazz++ is
ported to a version of wxWindows that its developers are willing to let out
into the wild, or 2) the wxWindows guy(s) change(s) his(/their) mind(s).

--
G. Branden Robinson             |    Any man who does not realize that he is
Debian GNU/Linux                |    half an animal is only half a man.