Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 11:06:18PM -0800, Erik Hollensbe wrote:

> apt-get and it's kin need more simple getopt-style flags that allow
> overriding of certain things, mainly conflicts. Also, an option to
> actually view what's being upgraded before you download 250 packages that
> are only going to break your system would be nice as well.

I assume you already are using apt-get's -u/--show-upgraded flag.  Beyond that,
check out apt-listchanges, in the package of the same name.  Currently, you
need to download the .deb's first, but even if there is a breakage, you would
have ended up downloading them eventually anyway.  Eventually, apt-listchanges
will be able to show changelogs before downloading any packages.

--
 - mdz