Re: bugs + rant + constructive criticism (long)

On Mon, Jan 01, 2001 at 11:52:16PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> That's not my experience. I've seen breakage, but no more than is
> typical in unstable. In fact I've noticed a degree of holding back on
> releasing major upgrades (X 4, apt 0.4, etc) into unstable that is
> either commendable or a PITA depending on who you ask.

Eh?  XFree86 4.x packages weren't held back at all.  I released them to
unstable as soon as they were ready.  A little before, in fact, since Sean
Perry accused me of "pulling a SuSE" at putting them in Progeny's
distribution at Debian's expense (despite the fact that my pre-release
.debs were available for the whole world to download from the X Strike
Force repository, quite unlike SuSE's pre-releases of yore).

--
G. Branden Robinson             |
Debian GNU/Linux                |    Please do not look directly into laser