Re: Debian installer

At  1:53 am, Tuesday, January  1 2002, Penguin mumbled:
> How does it work? Broad overview: does it install a root filesystem and
> simply do a huge cp /mnt/cdrom/package /wherever then configure, or what?

As I understand it, when you partition a drive, it mounts the too-be root
partition as /target, and the other partitions you delegate under /target.
It then un'tar's the base tarball into /target, makes Linux bootable if you
said it could, and then reboots. And then you configure the network, apt,
and a few other things, and it drops you to tasksel, or dselect. And then it
uses them to install the rest of the system.

There, a brief overview. And horribly i386-centric, to boot.

--
                                           Steve
<BenC> echo "WORK DAMNIT" > /dev/driverfs/eth0/status