FAQS (Was: why does xlibs-pic exist?)

On Tue, 2001-12-25 at 23:31, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 25, 2001 at 11:43:18AM -0500, Jack Howarth wrote:
> THIS IS BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO READ.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200111/msg00028.html

It seems to me that much of the frustration and spirited debate on
-devel lately have been largely due to some people not reading or
understanding previous mailings on the list.

Seems to me we have forgotten the origins of FAQs. A document posted
regularly to the list picking up the issues that recur ad nauseum.

I would step forward, but I believe that we would need someone with
higher technical knowledge than myself. Maybe each list should have a
moderator (even if the list is not moderated) charged with the right and
duty to stop flamewars without him or her being written back at. At the
same time that person would take note of perennial issus and note the in
the FAQ.

--
Lars Bahner,
http://lars.bahner.com/

Nihil est sine ratione cur potius sit, quam non sit.