Re: An alarming trend (no it's not flaimbait.) (fwd)

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> writes:

> On 26 Dec 2001, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
>
> > So, picking one at random, why is bug 9085 still open?
>
> Because that's a cosmetic issue.  There are more important things to work on,
> like fixing bugs, and implementing features that we will need down the road.

The reason I didn't think it necessary to say more in the question
above was because it seemed obvious to me that either:

1) A cosmetic issue takes only a few seconds to fix, or
2) It should be a wishlist item.

Now, my point isn't "beat on dpkg" (and indeed, 'twasn't I that
brought it up IIRC).  But my point is that if something has sat there
for over four years, *something* somewhere is not working.  It seems
obvious to me that the dpkg maintainers are doing a fabulous job.  So
the problem isn't in them.

But there still is *some* kind of problem.