Re: libc6 headers, different versions on different archs?

> I have the following problem. My FAM package tries to use kernel 2.4's
> dnotify support at compile time. This feature is accessed via the
> F_NOTIFY fcntl defined in bits/fcntl.h. And here is the problem. This
> header file is part of libc6-dev and e.g. sarti (hppa) doesn't have
> this fcntl whereas all other auto-builders do.

In general user apps should never directly access header files in bits/*
or linux/* ... any interfaces user apps use should be exported via
something like glibc. Otherwise there's very little chance your app will
be portable.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>