Re: forking packages and private archive

pjordan@whitehorse.blackwire.com wrote:
> rootskel - completely modified and renamed

Well I'm looking forward to seeing your patch, altough I have my doubts.

> debian-installer - extensive changes, but mostly still the same
> 	- too many small changes to expect to do bug reports (at this stage of
> 	development.

Ok, but many small patches are often accepted better than one big one at
the end.

> 	- calls apt in its makefile to download udebs from a mirror as well

You shouldn't need to modify a thing, it will use a build/sources.list.local,
and you can have any number of apt lines in there to download from
debian mirrors and local mirrors.

--
see shy jo, one of the maintainers and authors of the above software