Re: latest gnome packages not in sid?

On 17 Dec 2001, Shaya Potter wrote:

> > Then, why dont you go off and file some wishlist "new upstream revision"
> > bugs?
>
> Because when I was a maintainer, I didn't like spurious bug reports.  I
> assume the maintainer knows about the new versions, and therefore has
> some logic why its not being packaged, and he does, and we're discussing
> it.

Really? I'm often happy and I see other maintainers that are happy when
they get "new upstream version" wishlist bug reports - it does sometimes
happen that for any reason you did oversee a new version. And even when
you didn't package the new version for a reason the wishlist bug is a nice
reminder that you want to package the new version at some time in the
future.

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400