Re: HPPA assistance

In reference to a message from Jeremy T. Bouse, dated Dec 16:
> 	Could I kindly request someone with a lil more experience to try
> and take a look at the buildd.d.o log for fwbuilder and possibly see if
> they can determine if this is a problem with the state of HPPA at this
> time or if it's a problem with source code I need to report upstream...

fwbuilder has some c++ constructs that are not compatible with g++-3.0
(the default compiler used on hppa). Common issues include namespaces and
const-correctness problems.

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/17_intro/porting-howto.html has
some pointers on porting to g++-3.x

if you need additional assistance, feel free to post to
debian-hppa@lists.debian.org.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>