Re: Conditional packages

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 03:29:06PM -0500, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm distributing a debian/ dir with many of my projects.  Currently,
> I'm working with AweMUD, and running into this problem.
>
>  There are the official releases (i.e. 0.5.10) and the CVS snapshots
> (i.e. 0.5.10.20011215).  I want to have it so that the official releases
> are in a package awemud, while the cvs snapshots are in awemud-cvs.  My
> current setup builds both packages, no matter what the version is, so at
> least I can pick and choose which to upload.
>
>  The problem is for users; I want it so that users downloading the
> official release will just get package awemud when the build it, and CVS
> users to only get the awemud-cvs package.
>
>  So, is there anyway to automate this?  I.e., any way in the rules file
> to turn on/off a certain package?  If not, then, for anyone who
> distributes a debian/ dir with their upstream packages, and makes
> regular CVS snapshots available, what do you do to get around this?

In your debian/rules file, could you call a script to create the control
file and modify everything else based on whether it detects that it's a
cvs snapshot version?

--
Elie Rosenblum                 That is not dead which can eternal lie,
http://www.cosanostra.net   And with strange aeons even death may die.