Re: Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queueforwoody?)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:

> Hi,

Hi Richard,

> The question that now comes up is what can developers do in order to
> unclog a congestion like this, if it is one.  The two depending packages
> in testing are not going to go into testing anyways since the first one
> seems slightly buggy anyways and the second doesn't build any more (since
> libreadline was updated to 4.2a) but there already is a fixed version in
> unstable which by the would work with the cln version that is on hold
> since 32 days.  But maybe this is going to be resolved automatically as
> soon as the ten days for these two packages are over???

Oh I see the problem: Updating cln breaks the dependencies of binary
packages of ginac and vice versa, but upgrading both at the same doesn't
break any dependencies. I don't know whether testing is now able to handle
this automatically or whether you still have to ask ajt to handle this
manually.

> Regards
>     -richy.

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400