Re: Unofficial Debian 'testing' FAQ (was Re: Packages in queue for woody?)

On 11 Dec 2001, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> Anthony Towns <ajt@master.debian.org> writes:
> > but may be delayed either by architectures failing to build them, or
> > because of dependency issues.
>
> Ok, and this is excactly what I'm interested in having explained about
> testing.  Theoretically, an urgent security fix could have to wait
> forever before it enters testing?  Security fixes for non-x86

Yes, currently it's theoretically possible that a security fix has to
wait forever until it enters testing.

> architectures seem to be even more at risk of a longer wait.

I don't see why the risk for a non-x86 fix should take longer? both on x86
and on non-x86 you'll have to wait at least until the package has been
rebuilt on _all_ architectures.

> Greetings,
>
> Jan.

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400