Re: omniorb debs

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 01:52:48PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:

> On Sun, 9 Dec 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> > > "Serious" is probably right.
> >
> > Only if you can find a mandate in the policy manual that it violates.  It's
>
> Section 10.1.1. of our policy says "The location of all installed files
> and directories must comply with the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS),
> except where doing so would violate other terms of Debian Policy.".

This is all that the FHS says about /usr/include right now.

<quote>

4.3 /usr/include : Directory for standard include files.

This is where all of the system's general-use include files for the C and
C++ programming languages should be placed.
"/usr/include"
X11
bsd
g++
"Include files"
Symlink to /usr/X11R6/include/X11
BSD compatibility include files (if required)
GNU C++ include files

6.1.5 /usr/include : Header files included by C programs

These symbolic links are required if a C or C++ compiler is installed and
only for systems not based on glibc.

/usr/include/asm -> /usr/src/linux/include/asm-<arch>
/usr/include/linux -> /usr/src/linux/include/linux

</quote>

This cruft doesn't seem to be violating any of these mandates, and it
doesn't functionally interfere with anything else in /usr/include.  It's
just cruft (and embarrassing cruft at that).

By now, we've spent more time discussing it than it would have taken to fix
this particular bug.  I'm not in a position to tackle the real bugs right
now, though.

--
 - mdz