Re: gpm & X

On Sunday 9 December 2001 12:40, Erich Schubert wrote:
> It's a known issue that gpm and X11 accessing the mouse at the same time
> gives big problems with certain mouses.
> That's what the gpm "repeater" is for. Use /dev/gpmdata as the mouse
> device for X; then both should work fine.

I had this problem too, and filed it as a bug... it has been closed and
suggested that it should be documented, but i think the best way there has to
come some agreement between the Xfree86 packager and the gpm packager
on how this should be solved... Documentation is not enough... it should work
out of the box...

Since it seems that the X-mouse "reader" has no repeater... the X-package
should detect if gpm is installed and not use the /dev/psaux then... Or the
bug should be fixed properly, in order to let them both be able to read the
same device at the same time...

IMHO...