Re: "Author" section of manpages

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 07:58:46PM +0000, Nick Phillips wrote:
> I've always been under the impression that in the absence of any explicit
> indication to the contrary, those mentioned in this section should be the
> authors of the program or package in question rather than the authors of
> the manpage.

I entirely agree.

> There seem to be quite a few cases of packages in Debian where this section
> is used in such a way that the (mistaken) impression that the persons listed
> deserve credit for the software in question rather than "just" the manpage.

Anybody who does this deserves to have his ass beat.

Please file angry, demeaning bugs as appropriate.

G. Branden Robinson                |       The software said it required
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Windows 3.1 or better, so I
branden@debian.org                 |       installed Linux.
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |