Re: iptables

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 08:21:53PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> I really don't think it is a kernel problem, but for the record I am
> using 2.4.14. The same problem occured with 2.4.10, too.

Perhaps.  I have a simple firewall script that I wrote which I found
works for most things.  However, in 2.4.14, I wasn't able to use
modules.  I compiled all of the netfilter code into the kernel and was
able to get the firewall to start.  I believe that NAT is broken,
though I haven't attempted to debug it since it isn't being used.

You can check that the script is working properly by writing to /tmp
files during bootup.  For example, after the first iptables calls,
output all of the rules to verify that the modes are taking.