Re: Archive of patent-encumbered software

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 02:42:49AM +0200, Richard Braakman wrote:
> I agree with the sentiment of this but it might be hard to find a
> country where software patents don't hold.  The European Council is
> pushing hard for directives to accept them, and those might override
> the patent laws of member countries.  I don't know if the directives
> are already through or not.  I've been too depressed about the situation
> to keep track of it.

No kidding - it leaves non-for-profit organizations and private ciitizens high and dry. Heck, if I buy a DVD I can't even play it on a
computer! Well, unless I use the great M$ OS. Why do they even encrypt the DVD?? If people want to pirate it, there is __ALWAYS__ a way. It
seems hopeless - people are no loger in control, greed is.

- Adam