Re: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?

On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 09:49:03AM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> Please consider that RMS created the LGPL specificly to allow glibc to be
> installed on, and used by, non-free OS's like Sun. The whole purpose was
> to allow more free software to be run on these machines.

No, for this purpose the major components of the operating system exception
in the GPL was designed.

I don't know if this is still uptodate.  Now that we have good free operating
systems (GNU/Linux, and even GNU/Hurd to some extent), this is not so important
anymore than it was before the first functional kernel appeared.

Thanks,
Marcus