file permissions

Hi

Besides the umask or users changing them manually, what else could be the
reason that file permissions are changed as described in #120225?

I'm really out of clue here. Maybe one thing, though: .html files in lg-*
packages are processed for dead links (resulting from links to packages
that are not installed), so this might be the reason. I just don't
understand how this could change those files' permissions, especially not
since his umask is still good.

The scripts that process .html files are called "fixlinks" and
"fixlinks.real", the former being a bash-wrapper to fork the other, a
perl-script, to background.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this, or is this really what I think
it is: a user setup error?

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"