[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Bug#121205: ITP: amavis-perl -- A Mail Virus Scanner

>>>>> "Graeme" == Graeme Mathieson <graeme@mathie.cx> writes:

    Graeme> On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:56:38PM +0100, Christoph Martin
    Graeme> wrote:
    >>  Why don't you package amavisd instead of amavis-perl?

    Graeme> Good question.  I picked amavis-perl because it's the
    Graeme> stable release.  I'll have a look at amavisd too.  --
    Graeme> graeme+sig@mathie.cx http://www.mathie.cx/~graeme/

Well from the mailing list, note the first paragraph from Lars. (Oh
and I have packaged amavisd for work use if, although it is a bit of a
hack :-

  From: Lars Hecking <lhecking@users.sourceforge.net>
  Subject: Re: [AMaViS-user] Re: [AMaViS-announce] RE-ISSUED: ASA-2001-1: eMail worm W32/Aliz may not be detected (AMaViS 0.2.1)
  To: AMaViS <amavis-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
  Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 15:15:47 +0000

  > I have missed this announcement (I was absent during a period of two
  > months). In fact I was waiting the amavis-perl, amavisd branch to become
  > stable before making the change in our main server.

   They are stable. The former amavis-perl is now the main branch in cvs,
   and the main reason I haven't made a new release yet is that I'm waiting
   for Archive-Zip 0.12 (or maybe I should go back to unzip ...).

   The next amavis release will be 0.3.12.

  > We are interested in installing the amavisd with --enable-relay and
  > sendmail. I have been testing this setup (the 20010714 snapshot) in a
  > workstation and I have had many problems (with permissions, hanged mail,
  > etc.) so I decided to wait.

   Forget about --enable-relay. For sendmail, I recommend _only_ the milter
   interface. Which may require a sendmail update on your end.

   The preliminary amavisd snapshot-20011031 (needs the patch I posted!!)
   is more mature than snapshot-20010714, and I will make it the basis of
   a new official snapshot in the near future.

  > Please, could you recommend me the most sensible action? Should I
  > upgrade the main server to amavis-perl first and then to amavisd? or can
  > I just wait the amavisd code to stabilize?

   The released snapshots of amavisd are stable. Each snapshot has more
   features and hopefully less bugs than the previous one. As far as
   non-daemon related code is concerned, I try to keep amavis(-perl) and
   amavisd as much in sync as possible.


Adrian Phillips

Your mouse has moved.
Windows NT must be restarted for the change to take effect.
Reboot now?  [OK]

Reply to: