Re: where is fam?

There is at least one unofficial package (I use it for e17):

% dpkg -s fam
Package: fam
 GUI tools should not mislead the user; they should display the
 current state of the system, even when changes to the system
 originate from outside of the tools themselves. fam and imon help
 make GUI tools more usable by notifying them when the files they're
 interested in are created, modified, executed, and removed.
 .
 This fam package is NOT compiled to use imon, the kernel level
 complement. fam will use a polling mode instead.

---
Dan Chen                 crimsun@email.unc.edu
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc