Re: Diversion

On Thu, 2001-11-22 at 13:33, Simon Richter wrote:
> I just ITPed a package called magicfilter-forcefilter, which is a wrapper
> around magicfilter which simply removes a commandline option, then
> execve()s the original binary. For this, I need to divert the original
> binary to magicfilter.real.
>
> Any objections?

I was thinking abuot this when you originally ITP'd it, and the
following case came to mind:
a) I install magicfilter
b) I install magicfilter-forcefilter, diverting magicfilter to
magicfilter.real
c) I install magicfilter-foomagic (hypothetical package), which also
diverts magicfilter to magicfilter.real.

Obviously this breaks pretty badly. I'd suggest diverting from
magicfilter to magicfilter.magicfilter-forcefilter.real, or something
like that.

Unless I'm missing something?

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>