Re: unsatisified recommends

On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 08:03:46 -0600, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 04:59:57PM +1100, Brian May wrote:
> > If a package in testing has "Recommends:" or "Suggests:" that cannot be
> > satisfied in testing, is this a release critical bug?
>
> In the case of main, unsatisfiable Recommends: are release-critical
> (policy 2.1.2).

Hmm... then the scripts that handle the propagation to testing need fixing.
The DDD package has a "Recommends: gdb (>= 5.0)" which was unsatisifiable in
testing until recently (as testing's gdb wasn't recent enough); that DDD
package was propagated to testing before a satisfying gdb was propagated.

Ray
--
Pinky, Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so Brain, but if they called them "sad meals", kids wouldn't