Re: Freeze Update [2001/11/19]

Anthony Towns wrote:
> many many packages look like they'll need to be removed, notably gpm (on
> which packages such as jed, links, mc, pdmenu, vim, and w3m depend)

Of course, if gpm is really removed (and it's buggy as all hell right
now..), most if not all of this stuff can be rebuilt to work without it.
Not to mention aalib, and so everything that depends on aalib (gimp!) also
indirectly depends on it.

So if you are going to remove gpm, can we have a few days heads up to
recompile anything in standard+tasks that is linked to libgpm, so it doesn't
have to die too?

> mozilla

I'd like to suggest that someone fix the (fairly trivial) RC bug on
mozilla, and then take Kitame on a 2 week carribean cruise, antarctic
expidition, vegas gambling spree, camping trip, wild rave, or similar
fun activity that will keep him from uploading any more until the thing
can finally get into testing. I'm not one to talk, but this mozilla
situation is rediculous.

--
see shy jo