correct location for gcc wrappers?

Hello,

I am the maintainer of the compilercache package.
For details see the package documentation or
http://www.erikyyy.de/compilercache/

The package provides scripts called cc, gcc, ...
which try to do something useful and then
call the real compiler to do most of the work.

My question is: where should these wrappers be
installed?  I searched the FHS but did not find
a clear answer.

* /usr/bin/ is clearly not possible, because
  this is the place where the real compilers
  live, and the filenames have to be equal.

* /usr/bin/compilercache/ comes to mind.
  But the only subdirectories under /usr/bin
  seem to be /usr/bin/X11 and /usr/bin/mh.
  So I hesitate to create a directory there.

* /usr/lib/compilercache/ is the place which
  the current package uses.  I chose this because
  creating subdirectories under /usr/lib is
  explicitly allowed by the FHS.  But then, to use
  compilercache you have to add
  /usr/lib/compilercache/ to your PATH and
  it feels strange to a /usr/lib subdirectory
  in your PATH.

So, what do you think?

Jochen
--