Re: Strange new BTS behavior

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Santiago Vila wrote:

> Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > I just uploaded the new atari800 package that closed three bug reports.
> >
> > Along with the closed report on the bugs, I get a copy of the original bug
> > report as well. It took me a couple of minutes to realise that these were
> > not new reports.
>
> The layout is different from a newly created bug, it's not so easy to
> confuse them.
>
> > I see no reason for these confusing, duplicate, mails. Is there some
> > subtle reason that I'm missing for them to be plonked in my mailbox?
>
> I think the rationale is to avoid closing bugs by mistake.

How does sending me mail after I've closed the bug avoid this mistake?

This is just extra mail, and, while it isn't too hard to figure out that
it is the old bug report, I don't need the extra copy in my mailbox.

Luck,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-