Re: Grub

On Tue, Nov 06, 2001 at 01:20:45PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> Exactly. And since /vmlinuz.old will always be valid, you can
> add this to your menu file.
>
> Daniel's example was made much more extreme by using an extremely
> long devfs path to his root partition, while root=/dev/hda3
> would have worked just as well. Still, I suppose it is much
> c00ler.

It has nothing to do with c00l. It has everything to do with real life.
I have a machine at work which has that exact line in its GRUB config. I
use heavily patched kernels (and version them appropriately so I can
figure it out), and also use DevFS, because non-DevFS is a piece of
crap.

--
Daniel Stone						    <daniel@sfarc.net>
* razathorn hath returned from the great (void *)