Re: Grub

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 01:29:34AM -0900, Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 11:18:48AM +0100, Michael R. Schwarzbach wrote:
> > Another thought:
> >

> > Why not change the default bootloader to grub in debian?
>
> because boot-floppies are not going to change bootloaders.  this has
> been discussed already, its no longer open to debate.

There must be an option for GRUB, as GRUB is the only boot loader
powerful enough to boot the Hurd.

So, the Debian boot-floppies will support GRUB, at least for the Hurd.
If Debian GNU/Linux is going to ship with a crippled boot loader for
all eternity, that's another decision.  I would hope not so.

Thanks,
Marcus