Re: Advice requested with tricky dependencies in records.deb

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   *puts theoretical computer science hat on*
>
>   Actually, the dependency system can express it, since it's just a
> boolean expression.  You just have to convert it to product-of-sums.
>
>   *takes theoretical computer science hat off*
>
>   (mind, the product-of-sums might be infeasibly complicated >=) )
>
> > 	The current package approximates that with
> >
> > Depends: emacs20 | emacsen, mailcrypt|xemacs20|xemacs21, perl5
>
>   Try this:
>
> Depends: perl5, emacs20 | emacs21 | mule2 | xemacs20 | xemacs21 | xemacs21-gtk, \
> 	xemacs20 | xemacs21 | xemacs21-gtk | mailcrypt
>
>   If that's wrong, my boolean algebra is :)  (either that, or I
> misunderstood what you're trying to do)

The problem seems to be another one, you need to express the following
(a bit simplified):

1. you need emacs or xemacs
2. if emacs is installed you need mailcrypt

You can express 1. using the dependencies but you can't express 2. (that
would require conditional dependencies).

>   Daniel

cu
Adrian

--

Get my GPG key: finger bunk@debian.org | gpg --import

Fingerprint: B29C E71E FE19 6755 5C8A  84D4 99FC EA98 4F12 B400