Re: Intention to change priority of console-tools

On Fri, 26 Oct 2001, Carlos Laviola wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 07:55:21PM +0400, Wartan Hachaturow wrote:
> > Currently there is a serious RC bug #114593 opened against
> > console-tools:
> >
> > "#114593: console-tools has priority required, depends on important
> > pkgs"
> >
> > I am going to change priority to important, since average English user
> > can live without console-tools.
>
> Just because of that? What about all other users?

Last I checked, "required" means "must be installed for the system to
actually work", while "important" means "must be installed so that an
experienced UNIX-user won't go like 'huh? where's foo?' if it's not
installed".

I think console-tools fits the latter description. And "all other users"
can still install console-tools; IIRC, "important" packages are installed
automatically for a scratch-install.

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas dot be

"Human knowledge belongs to the world"