Re: new pkgs pending...

On Thu, Oct 25, 2001 at 02:46:42PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> En r?ponse ? "Francesco P. Lovergine" <frankie@debian.org>:
>

> > Maybe I'm missing something...
> > Why so many new pkgs are pending in incoming since early days of
> > october?
> > My previous new uploads went into unstable in a week or so.
>
> Are they new packages or new versions of existing packages?
>
> If they are a new in Debian, they have to be processed manually
> by the ftp masters, who have to add a new entry in the overrides
> file. So packages are sometimes stuck in incoming.

	Well in the case of the one new package I have pending it is
because the upstream finally moved the API out of the source and into
it's own library... Now I'm waiting on that library to be accepted so
I can upload the new upstream version of the package that is already
part of the distribution... The pending package in question is
libfwbuilder-0.10.0 which is needed by fwbuilder-0.9.6 in order to
compile and operate properly... I got libfwbuilder uploaded early in
the week (Monday) and am still waiting on it's manual processing by
the ftp masters so the upload of the new fwbuilder package will not
break people's machines when they try to upgrade...

	Jeremy